Saturday, December 5, 2009

Longings

My heart is being pulled to Montana today. I miss Yellowstone National Park and all it's wonders. I miss looking out a window and seeing wildlife, the most gorgeous blue skies I've ever seen, and "purple mountains majesties".


I feel more alive when I'm out in nature. The fresh air, the peace and serenity, and the knowing how everything all fits together. It's all divine - all the qualities being expressed by animals, trees, air, light, plants, grass, even rocks and soil (and me); life, harmony, strength, sturdiness, progression, beauty, support, nourishment - are all ideas, thoughts of a higher consciousness.

That being said, today being "the office is definitely being purged once-and-for-all" day, I'll open the curtains to watch Chickadees and squirrels play on the tree outside of my window, allow the sun to pour in through the leaves, and see those same qualities being expressed inside and out. As Louise Hay says, "It's only a thought, and a thought can be changed." I don't have to long for a far away place to feel that connection with nature. I can express it right here and now - in my home. It begins in thought and I choose what to think, what to say, how to react to situations.

Today I choose the higher connection.

Blessed be.

No comments: