Sunday, May 24, 2009

How long has it been?!?

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/animals/images/primary/sea-anemone.jpg
Finding time to blog between watching grandkids, knitting, crochet, housework, training the dog, cleaning up after the cats, cooking, laundry, etc., and crashing into bed at 10:00pm isn't easy. Perhaps I need vitamins or something to help me keep my energy up. I needed a nap at 5pm today! Didn't get it, though. Needed a little "relaxation" time and was sitting outside knitting, but then pup was digging in the dirt and pulling out soda bottle caps, sticks, stones, plastic toys buried long ago by a forgetful child... and broken glass. Who the heck lived in our apartment before us?? It's like an archeological dig back there! I think I'll get some sod and lay it down so that we have grass instead of dirt. And if I get a sandbox, then Rockie will have a place to dig and bury her toys.



I finished two crochet projects; am almost done with the second wrist warmer I've been knitting for myself (yeah, right. I'll end up giving it away. LOL) and I am SO excited to get started on a new project. It's a shawl by Fiber Trends that captures everything the Northwest has at the shore. Waves, fish, evergreens... can't think of it all right now. And I got gorgeous yarn - 50% wool and 50% silk from Corvallis, MT (didn't know there was a Corvallis, MT). It's hand painted and deep blues, greens and purples. I thought it represented the sea and a specific sea anemone I've seen in the rocks in Lincoln City, OR. It's going to take a bit, as I'm new to lace knitting, but I think it will be very rewarding.



That's it for now. It's 8:17 and I can barely keep my eyes open. I've got lots of organizing to do (purging more stuff and putting things in order) either later tonight or early tomorrow, then a cookout in the back yard with the kids (I hope!)



A safe and happy Memorial Day to you all.

No comments: