Sunday, March 15, 2009

My, how time flies!

I hadn't realized how long it's been since I've last posted. Life has been busy with the grand children, crafting and just plain life. I've been trying to find lost pages of my book that I started writing a few years ago. I need to make the time to work on it. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained", as they say.

We've since added Flicka to our family. She's a darling cat. Very loving and playful. She and Cap'n Jack are good friends. Her mortal enemy is Rocky, but I know they'll grow on each other soon. Rock wants to play and Flicka wants no part of a dog!

My purging of unnecessary junk in my office seems to be an ongoing project. I'll put things aside that I think I'll use, and a few weeks later end up tossing it anyway. I've got a bin for Goodwill, much to my husband's dismay. He's rather put it in the dumpster. But they have much more life in them - and I know they'll meet a need somewhere.

Today started off rainy and cold, and now it's sunny and very windy. Now that I have a car, I worry about trees falling on it. It's older, so insurance won't cover major damage. Lots of rain to soften the ground, then high winds make our tall pines topple easily! Living in Oregon you have to choose where you live carefully - check out for flooding, landslides. I'm still waiting for the earthquakes I've been told happen around here. I slept through one of them. Boring. Nothing like the ground moving to shake things up a bit. I'm craving adventure. We had it in Montana. Lots and LOTS of adventures. Here - not so much.

Perhaps I'll go out and make one of my own!

No comments: